Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh, The Places You Will Go!





This was growing in the backyard of the house I was staying in. At Pearl Harbor. In Hawai'i. Not only did I experience paradise but I did it with two terrific friends. It was perfect...we snorkled, sailed, golfed and shopped. The beach, the flowers, the food, the wine......how perfect can life be? Even the loooong plane ride in the littttlllle seat could not put a damper on it. Coffee in gazebo in the morning, then wine there in the evening. No bugs..no snakes. In my friend's yard were mangoes, bananas and tangerines. We stood to the National Anthem every morning while outside drinking coffee and stood again for colors in the evening. Even heard the Japanese national anthem as they had a ship in port. Took the Admiral's barge around Ford Island and walked through the Arizona Memorial. Saw all the monuments to the other ships that were lost. Goose bumps just thinking about it. I saw sea turtles trying to make their way to shore. Three huge turtles....



2 comments:

Jane said...

Sounds pretty perfect to me!

Jamie said...

I couldn't be happier for you; but wish we could have gone, too.

No bugs? Hawaii doesn't have bugs?! Why do we live here, then?